It has been said that your attitude will determine your altitude. I believe there is truth in this statement. Many times in sporting events the team with the winning attitude will win the game even if the other team is a little better. Proverbs 17:22 says, "A merry heart does good, like medicine, But a broken spirit dries the bones." Our attitude toward something will either make it a joyful event or a time of survival.
In Psalm 100:1-2, we read, "Make a joyful shout to the Lord, all you lands! Serve the Lord with gladness; Come before His presence with singing." I believe, in the hour we are living, it is vital that we maintain a good attitude of praise and thanksgiving as we serve the Lord. Our service unto God must be one of rejoicing, not of obligation. We serve the Lord because we get to, not because we have to.
I encourage you to study these notes, draw from your walk with the Lord Jesus, and make sure you keep a good attitude in all you do. In doing this, others will not only hear what we say but will also see Jesus in our lives.
Serve the Lord with Gladness
I) Through a Godly Attitude and Actions We Reveal God to the World
A) Psalm 100:1-5 - Serve the Lord with Gladness. A good attitude.
Gladness (Hebrew) - rejoicing, joyfulness, mirth, pleasures
v.4 - we are to maintain the glow
v.5 - God's mercy and truth are available to us to live victoriously.
B) I Peter 2:9-12 (vv.9-10) - We are now God's people, we have obtained mercy and we are to proclaim Jesus' Lordship every day of our lives.
v.11 - Satan will work through your flesh and attack your mind to pull you away from God. Don't let the devil determine your attitude.
1) Matthew 6:22-23 - How you see things will determine your attitude.
2) II Corinthians 10:3-5 - Cast down wrong thoughts and attitudes. Stay focused on your walk with Christ.
3) v.12 - Do the right thing, no matter what is going on, as a witness to others of Jesus in your life.
C) Matthew 5:10-16 - Jesus tells us we will be persecuted and shows us how to overcome it.
1) v.12 - First, keep a praise and joyful attitude. (Proverbs 17:22 - merry heart)
2) v.16 - Second, keep living and doing the right thing that glorifies God.
D) Philippians 4:12-13 (AMP) - The Lord will infuse into us the strength we need as we lean on and trust in Him.
1) Ephesians 6:10 (AMP) - We draw our strength from our walk with God.