III John 2 says, "Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers." To live in victory and to experience success in this life we must renew our minds to the Word of God. You will never prosper beyond the level of revelation of God's Word that You personally know and do. Our success is not measured by what others know about God's Word or even about what others do. In Matthew 16 after Jesus asked the disciples what others were saying about Him, He point blank, in verse 15, asked, "But who do you say that I am?"
What we believe, say and do has a direct influence on what kind of life we will live. This is why we must cultivate the soil of our heart with the Word of God. The Bible teaches us that God's Word is seed. When we plant that seed into our hearts and minds it transforms us into Christ's image and anoints us to do His works.
I want to encourage you to study the notes I am providing and get the message to listen to. You can prosper, be successful and live in peace and well being even in difficult times as you act on God's Word.
To download your complimentary MP3 copy of this message, click "Cultivating the Soil."
Cultivating the Soil
I To Prosper We Must Learn and Apply the Laws of Prosperity
A) III John 2 - You will never prosper beyond the level of revelation you know and do.
1) II Corinthians 8:9 - It is God's Will to prosper you and bless you.
B) Genesis 1:11, 12, 27-29 - God gave man a ministry and the resources to get it done.
vv.11,12 - God formed the earth to continually produce an abundance of prosperity.
vv.27-29 - God created man, gave him a ministry and job to do. Then gave him access to all the vast resources of earth to use to get it done.
C) Genesis 8:22 - After the flood, God renews His covenant of blessing with man.
Seedtime and harvest, giving and receiving, are God's law of prosperity and provision for us.
1) Galatians 6:6-9 - Paul shows us the law of giving and receiving works in the Kingdom of God. What we sow, we will reap.
2) Philippians 4:15 - Believers entered into a partnership with Paul in giving and receiving. Every time we give, we should expect results.
D) II Corinthians 9:6-8 - Our two-fold purpose for giving.
1) v.6 - We give that blessings may come to someone. We enter into partnership with God to reach people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
2) v.8 - We give to release God's grace, favor, and blessing of abundant provision into our lives.
II After We Sow Our Seed We Must Cultivate the Ground
A) Mark 4:26-29, 14-20 - (26-29) Once you sow, you take your attention off the seed and onto the ground.
1) vv. 14-20 - Jesus gives attention to types of ground. Once you obey God, protect your seed by cultivating your ground and not letting anything keep you from receiving.
Cultivating (Webster) - To prepare land for growing crops. To loosen soil and kill weeds.
1) Hebrews 6:8 - faith and patience; Hebrews 4:14 - Hold fast your confession.
B) Luke 13:6-8 - By cultivating your ground you can even receive fruit off of old seed that you neglected. Don't cut it down, speak the Word to it!