In John 16:12,13, The Lord Jesus said, "12 I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come." The Lord let us know the importance of the Holy Spirit in our lives. We as believers do not have to go through the struggles of this life in our own power or strength. When we need help, guidance and revelation, the Holy Spirit is here to help us.
Romans 8:14 says, "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God." For us to be successful in our Christian walk we must learn how to be led by the Spirit of God. In this week's lesson, I lay out some powerful truths that will help you to learn how to receive God's help as you live this great life of faith.
Be Led by the Spirit
Text: I Thessalonians 5:23 - Spirit, Soul and Body
1) Spirit - The part of man that deals with the spiritual realm. The part of man that knows God and is born-again.
2) Soul - The part of man that deals with the mental realm. Our mind, will and intellect. The part that reasons and thinks.
3) Body - The part of man that deals with the physical realm. The house in which we live.
I) The Holy Ghost Guides Us In Our Spirit
A) John 16:13-16 - The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth and He is the one who reveals to us the things of God and God's direction for our lives.
B) Romans 8:14-16 - v. 14 - as many as are led by the Spirit of God. The Holy Spirit is sent to be our guide.
v.16 - The Holy Spirit bears witness with our spirit. (This is the number one way that God guides us.)
C) Is Our Spirit a Safe Guide? Yes, if we are born-again.
1) I John 3:9 - we now have the seed of Christ in us.
2) I John 5:10-12 - we now have eternal life dwelling on the inside of us.
II) God's #1 Way of Leading Us is by the Inward Witness
A) I John 2:20 - ye have an unction from the Holy One and know all things. (God will show you what to do in every situation if you will learn to follow the unction.)
B) What is the unction?
1) The unction is a push, witness, an inward revelation that guides us as to what to do.
2) The unction can be a check, or red light telling us what not to do.
C) I John 3:19-21 - How to follow the unction of God in your spirit.